The INITIAL step is to contact M2 !
M2 will provide you with a single point of contact while planning your event. We will not only work with the properties for your event, we will also interface with any and all outside vendors.
This includes, but not limited to, transportation, décor, entertainment, IT, audio-visual as well as any activities outside of the property, such as golf, shopping excursions, sightseeing, etc. Our associates are here to listen, ask questions, and provide support so you can focus on meeting your corporate objectives.
Step 1: Find the Perfect Destination
We will collect all the information from you regarding all your goals, desires and budget requirements, which we will use during our search to ensure your event’s success.
M2 has the first-hand knowledge and experience in hundreds of cities and destinations as well as strong relationships with all major/secondary national and regional hotel brands
Step 2: Prepare and Send Meeting RFPs
M2 will compare and evaluate what each city and property has to offer considering accurate occupancy rates, guest satisfaction ratings, room block availability, and pricing history as well as property staff knowledge and responsiveness. M2 will prepare and send event RFPs to the best suited, and most appropriate properties.
Step 3: Review RFP Responses & Compare Quotes
M2 collects and reviews all RFP responses for accuracy and to ensure all of the critical details such as F&B minimum, concessions, date flexibility and total estimated cost are addressed.
We provide you with the consolidated proposals in our easy to use and understand, side-by-side format. This allows you to understand, compare and contrast all of the details that are imperative for a successful and cost effective event.
Step 4: Contract Negotiation
There are more than 60 negotiable terms in a hotel contract that can cost your company a great deal if not addressed correctly and in your best interest.
Without bias, we facilitate the bidding process between properties, and negotiate the final contract(s) detailing all space requirements, rates, concessions, and risk-associated clauses.
M2 negotiates hundreds of contracts every year, giving us an advantage over those who are not exposed to the verbiage, terms and clauses in these contracts.
We take into account both the “hard” costs as well as the many hidden risks clients face when negotiating a venue contract. We anticipate problems and help protect our clients against these potentially costly and often overlooked details.
With M2's purchasing power and relationships, regardless of the size or number of meetings that you typically book, you enjoy the pricing and concessions associated with the collective buying power of ALL M2 clients.
Once you have selected your venue and the contract negotiated and signed, our role in ensuring your event is beyond your expectations is only the beginning.
M2 will analyze the overall budget for the conference. We will calculate the cost per person to determine the ideal venue for the conference to maximize on the return of investment
* Coordinate and Negotiate Destination Management Services that includes transportation services, event decor, on and offsite activities to get the best value at the best price for the client.
* Review all service providers contract to protect client's interest as well as ensuring the services provided will exceed your expectations.
* Develop the theme and content of the conference with the client's input
* Develop a specific website for your event to provide your attendees not only simple event registration, but also provide up to the minute schedules for event functions and last minute changes and updates.
* Assist with sleeping room reservations. Liaise with the hotel and client to ensure that the conference attendees fill up the sleeping rooms contracted to avoid penalties and additional costs.
* Select the food and beverage suitable for the clientele based on their background and budget per person
* Review hotel's banquet event orders and recognize opportunities to minimize cost for the client.
* Determine audiovisual and décor requirements based on the content of the conference and desires of the client.
* Conduct post event evaluation and gather feedback from the attendees to determine return on investment.
* Reconcile the final invoice, audit all charges based on contractual agreement(s)